Friday, 19 April 2013

Post 26: Question 3 - What have you learned from your audience feedback?

In order to find out some audience feedback for our film, I asked several people (all of different ages) a variety of questions relating to what they thought about the film. To begin with I showed them the film and then followed this by asking the following questions:

1. What was your initial reaction to the film?
2. What do you think of the use of music?
    (This includes the music in the opening sequence, montages and any background noise)
3. What did you think about the use of montages?
4. How did you react to this topic?
5. Did you find the characters believable?
    (Was the twist at the end believable/realistic?)
6. How effective do you think the ending is?
7. Who do you think the target audience would be?
8. What improvements would you like to see?

Feedback 1 
Feedback 2

After listening to the audience feedback, I think overall my group and I did a good job with the film we created. Receiving this feedback from the audience members was extremely helpful as we could then recognise what parts of the film effected the target audience the most and what we could potentially change if we did the whole process again.

Some main points from the feedback we received was that the storyline was very believable and it captured the imagination of the audience straight away. Along with this the use of music added to the tense and mysterious atmospheres we were trying to create in certain points of the film. Creating a film about sexual grooming allowed our audience to realise just how easily sexual grooming can go unnoticed and I think by them watching our film it has really shown them the importance of such a topic.

If I was to create this film again I would make a few adjustments to it, one main one being that the sound throughout would be clear. We had a problem with one scene trying to get the noise correct and I would make sure that next time it was filmed to sound a lot better. Another improvement I would make is with some of the shots, for example the text messages and e-mails. These shots were very wobbly and if filmed again I would ensure they were filmed better.

No comments:

Post a Comment